The Memphis Realtist Chapter of NAREB is internet hosting this occasion to affect coverage modifications and supply training to assist extra black households develop into owners.
MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE, UNITED STATES, June 6, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — The State of Housing in Black America (SHIBA), the Memphis Version, is Thursday, June ninth at The Crescent Membership at 10 a.m. This occasion is hosted by the Memphis Realtist® Chapter of the Nationwide Affiliation of Actual Property Brokers, Inc. ® (NAREB) and is designed to spotlight and talk about points dealing with blacks looking for homeownership and equip others with the information and instruments required to battle for equality and democracy inside the housing market. The Crescent Membership is situated at 6075 Poplar Ave Ste. 909, Memphis, TN 38119. In-person attendance to SHIBA, the Memphis Version, is by invitation solely however the public can view it by way of stay stream on social media and www.SHIBAMemphis.com.
The findings in the NAREB 2021 SHIBA Report have been used to find out the occasion dialogue matters. The report presents a complete look not solely at the systemic impediments to black American desires of homeownership, but additionally the mandatory public coverage, interventions, and complex mortgage market changes wanted to construct black wealth by way of homeownership. The occasion will deal with these matters in addition to educate attendees on modifications they’ll make to assist navigate the present boundaries and challenges many black households face when contemplating buying a house.
Rasheedah Jones is the Chair of SHIBA Memphis. “We’re excited to reignite NAREB’s presentation of the State of Housing in Black America Memphis Version. NAREB Memphis’ final presentation of the SHIBA report was in 2011 once I served as native board president. At the moment, we have been in dialogue about stabilizing the housing market after the housing crash of 2008. We’re in an analogous dialog as we current much more boundaries to black homeownership in a post-pandemic financial system. As we proceed this battle for housing fairness and housing democracy, we hope the thought management in the room and throughout this nice metropolis will probably be moved to motion that will increase wealth creation for black households by way of actual property possession,” mentioned Jones.
SHIBA Memphis Version has assembled a roster of educated and passionate visitor audio system and presenters that embody:
• Steve Cohen, U.S. Congress TN ninth District
• Eddie S. Jones, Jr., Chairman Emeritus – Shelby County Fee
• Melvin Burgess, Assessor of Property, Shelby County, TN
• T. Michelle McCarroll, Subject Director (Appearing), Nashville, TN – HUD
• Tamela Thurman, Director Single Household Equitable Housing – FreddieMac
• Ashley Thomas, III, 2nd Vice President – NAREB
• Mark Alston, Political Motion Committee Chair – NAREB
• Courtney Q. Jones, Government Director – Black Coalition for Housing
• Wonda McGowan, President, Memphis Realtist® Chapter – NAREB
• Rasheedah Jones, SHIBA Memphis Chair & Nationwide Treasurer – NAREB
• Daryl Lewis, President-Elect, Memphis Realtist® Chapter – NAREB
Put It In Writing
e-mail us right here