Roughly 70 distinguished spiritual leaders and educational consultants will be a part of to focus on pressing points in the Americas over the course of the two-day discussion board.
— Cole Durham, President, G20 Interfaith Discussion board
LOS ANGELES, CA, UNITED STATES, June 6, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — A group of interfaith establishments is gathering consultants on faith, governance, and growth from all through the Western Hemisphere for the FIDELA (Foro Interligioso de las Americas) Convention, held inside the framework of the Summit of the Americas. Roughly 70-80 distinguished spiritual leaders, representatives of faith-based organizations, and educational consultants will be a part of to focus on pressing points in the Americas over the course of the two-day discussion board.
W. Cole Durham Jr., President of the G20 Interfaith Discussion board Affiliation (certainly one of the occasion’s co-hosts), mentioned organizers hope to make this discussion board a daily occasion related to inter-governmental conferences in the Hemisphere.
“The FIDELA convention is the second Interreligious Discussion board of the Americas. The primary one was held throughout the final Summit of the Americas in 2018 in Peru,” Durham mentioned. “Our aim is to have FIDELA change into a fixture of all future Summits. Interreligious voices is usually a highly effective affect in the area.”
Larry Eastland, President of The John A. Widtsoe Basis (one other of the occasion’s co-hosts) mentioned the gathering could be very distinctive in its unity.
“It’s inspiring to see spiritual leaders from numerous religion traditions put apart spiritual and nationwide variations to come collectively and focus on how to help spiritual liberty and promote human rights and human dignity,” Eastland mentioned. “This discussion board helps us understand St. Paul’s hope that we are going to change into ‘no extra strangers and foreigners, however fellow residents with the saints, and of the family of God.’”
The discussion board will likely be held inside the framework of the Summit of the Americas, a yearly gathering of North and South American and Caribbean nations the place heads of state focus on pressing points and commit to uniting in joint motion to deal with challenges.
Cynthia Juarez Lange, Senior Fellow at ICLRS and OAS Consultant, emphasised that spiritual values play a essential function in the identification of individuals all through the Americas, and non secular voices are important in these Summit discussions.
“Simply as the Summit of the Americas demonstrates a need for nations to come collectively to resolve frequent issues, so the FIDELA convention demonstrates that individuals of religion have a need to come collectively and construct options for the future,” Lange mentioned. “We see our shared beliefs and humanity as we try to overcome at present’s points in collaborative and constructive surroundings.”
The assembly (in-person/digital) will happen June 7-8 in Los Angeles, and can deal with the following themes related to the Ninth Summit of the Americas’ agenda, taking a look at the points by means of a lens of spiritual engagement:
• Peacebuilding & Sustainable Growth: the function religion communities play in in the Americas;
• Bettering pandemic response to well being and resilience by means of multireligious collaboration;
• Selling a inexperienced and equitable restoration;
• Strengthening inclusive democracies and defending human rights;
• Guaranteeing full engagement of ladies and women in faith and society;
• The function of religions in offering help to migrants all through the Hemisphere;
• Partaking spiritual leaders in the combat towards corruption;
• Addressing the challenges of racism, range and inclusion in the Hemisphere and the way religions can contribute to the options
Confirmed audio system embody:
• Nestor Mendez – Assistant Secretary Normal of the Group of the American States (OAS)
• Melissa Rogers – Government Director, White Home Workplace of Religion-Based mostly and Neighbourhood Partnerships
• Ambassador Rashad Hussain – Ambassador at Giant for Worldwide Religious Freedom, U.S. Division of State
• Elias Szczytnicki – Secretary Normal, Latin America and Caribbean Counsel of Religious Leaders – Religions for Peace
• W. Cole Durham Jr.– President, G20 Interfaith Discussion board Affiliation
• Michelle Klein-Solomon – Regional Director for Central and North America and the Caribbean, Worldwide Group for Migration (IOM)
• Omar Cortes – Director, Nationwide Workplace of Religious Affairs of Chile
• Kevin O’Reilly – Summit of the Americas Nationwide Coordinator, Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs, U.S. Division of State
• Evens Souffrant – Normal Director, Ministry of Worship of Haiti
• Katherine Marshall – Senior Fellow, Berkley Heart for Faith, Peace and World Affairs, Georgetown College; Government Director, World Faiths Growth Dialogue
*Corrected Record of audio system.
About the Summits of the Americas and the Interreligious Discussion board of the Americas
The Summits of the Americas are institutionalized gatherings of the Heads of State and governmental leaders of the Western Hemisphere created to focus on frequent coverage points, affirm shared values and commit to concerted actions to deal with persevering with and new challenges dealing with the area. Religious communities, as different social actors, play an important function in the Summits of the Americas, offering suggestions to the numerous governments and helping in the implementation of the initiatives adopted for the growth of the hemispheric agenda. The First Interreligious Discussion board of the Americas was held in Lima, Peru, in 2018, inside the framework of the Eighth Summit of the Americas.
About the G20 Interfaith Discussion board
The G20 Interfaith Discussion board seeks world options by collaborating with spiritual thought
leaders and political representatives to assist form the total G20 agenda. It attracts on the
very important roles that spiritual establishments and beliefs play in hemispheric affairs, reflecting a wealthy range of establishments, concepts, and values. By its in depth community of networks, it
helps prioritize key world coverage objectives and level towards sensible technique of implementation
at each stage of society.
For extra info, please go to www.g20interfaith.org.
G20 Interfaith Discussion board
electronic mail us right here