The blue check on Instagram, also known as a “verified badge,” is a visual indicator that an account is the authentic account of a public figure, celebrity, or brand. To get a blue check on Instagram, you must be a public figure, celebrity, or brand and meet specific criteria.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get a blue check on Instagram:
1. Make sure you have a public account: To be verified, your account must be public. If your account is private, switch it to public by going to your profile, tapping the three lines in the top right corner, and tapping “Settings.” Then tap “Privacy” and switch the “Account Privacy” setting to “Public.”
2. Verify your email address and phone number: Instagram requires that you verify your email address and phone number to be eligible for verification. To do this, go to your profile and tap the three lines in the top right corner. Then tap “Settings,” and under “Account,” tap “Emails” or “Phone.” Follow the prompts to verify your email address or phone number.
3. Complete your profile: Make sure your profile is complete and up to date, including a bio and profile picture that accurately represents you or your brand.
4. Request verification: Once you’ve completed the above steps, you can request verification by going to your profile and tapping the three lines in the top right corner. Then tap “Settings,” and under “Account,” tap “Request Verification.” You’ll be asked to provide some information about yourself or your brand and proof of your identity.
It’s important to note that Instagram may only verify some accounts that request verification and the process can take some time. You may also be asked to provide additional information or documentation to support your request.
How do you get a blue check on Instagram?
To get a verified badge (blue check) on Instagram, you must meet certain requirements and follow a specific process. Here are the steps you can follow to apply for verification on Instagram:
- Make sure you meet the requirements: To be eligible for verification on Instagram, you must be a public figure, celebrity, or brand with a large following. Your account must also be authentic and active, with regular posting and engagement with your audience.
- Go to your profile settings: To access the verification request form, you need to go to your profile settings. Tap the three lines in the top right corner of your profile, and then tap “Settings” at the bottom of the menu.
- Select “Request verification”: From the settings menu, select “Account” and then tap “Request Verification” at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the verification form: On the verification request form, you’ll need to provide your full name, account username, and a copy of your government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license, passport, or national ID card. You’ll also need to write a short explanation of why you believe you should be verified.
- Submit your request: After completing the verification form, tap “Send” to submit your request. Instagram will review your request and determine whether you meet the criteria for verification.
It’s important to note that the verification process can take some time, and Instagram may only respond to some requests. If your request is denied, you can reapply after 30 days.