The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has cancelled classes 10 and 12 board examinations amid the current pandemic situation, but private students — those who are either repeating the class or registered for improvement — will have to appear for the exams.
The CBSE on Wednesday said that it will conduct exams for the private category of candidates between 16 August and 15 September, according to the policy framed by the Supreme Court.
“There result will also be declared in the minimum possible time to avoid any difficulty to them in admission in higher education. The notification in this regard will be issued soon,” the CBSE notice read.
The board also informed that the results of private candidates cannot be prepared without conducting exams as neither schools nor the board has assessment records.
UGC and CBSE are looking into the interest of all the students and UGC will be synchronising the admission schedule based on the result of these students as it was done by UGC in 2020, CBSE has said.
Earlier in the day, a group of private candidates staged a protest outside the CBSE headquarters alleging disparity between them and regular candidates.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint.
our App Now!!